Changenow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you want me to continue writing this, or what

5 posters

Go down

Am I Wasting my time?

Do you want me to continue writing this, or what I_vote_lcap25%Do you want me to continue writing this, or what I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Do you want me to continue writing this, or what I_vote_lcap25%Do you want me to continue writing this, or what I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Do you want me to continue writing this, or what I_vote_lcap50%Do you want me to continue writing this, or what I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 16

Do you want me to continue writing this, or what Empty Do you want me to continue writing this, or what

Post  AncientWorld Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:59 am

Platform for the FORWARD MOVEMENT
Electoral Transition Strategic Plan

We will drive this country to a new beginning, taking advantage of the current mediums of communication to empower the people of this nation in a way that has never been seen before on this planet. We will act as catalyst to a future government that is outstandly modern and efficient. Every individual in this country will be represented by themselves.

The needs of the citizens of America have been disregarded on behalf of individual politician. Many of the politicians we see today have been corrupted to the point where they have forgotten the role they once played, to support the citizens. Through this document I will outline the process that will bring power back to the American people.

Vision: A nation that is united, equal, and represented by the people for the people.

Mission: Through the implementation of this plan, we will succeed in bringing the power to the people in order to create a purely democratic nation that respects the majority over all else.

PROGRESSION

TASK 1 : Dismantle the Electoral College
-We first must establish the popular vote and dismantle the Electoral College. We will do this because it will achieve direct representation from the citizens for the presidential election, while simultaneously destroying an inefficient, outdated and corruptible point of government
-This can be accomplished through protesting at elections, holidays, popular events.
First major protest date: December 14, 2012
-Day before the Electors Vote
-We will gain protestors through reddit
Facebook, press releases, anyway you know how.
-The transition between going from Electoral vote to Popular vote will be simple. For the popular vote is already calculated. It just will be submitted as final result rather than given to a Elector to gage.
-Though the transition will be small, it will feel large. We will be doing away with a body that has been in our country since its beginning. This will bring credit, press, and power to the Forward Movement to proceed in other actions in politics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progression beyond step 1

Step 2- Happens simultaneous as step 1, Research and Develop Online Voting system that is secure and available in the household, as well as available in local libraries. Including a website that will present runners for President and their ideas/biographies. this will include the development and implementation of delivering number code Screen names to each registered voter.

Step 3-Move all elections to online voting mechanism, enlarge the spectrum of voting website.

Step 4-Infrastructure change similar to Netherlands, establish internet fiber optic cables for more efficient voting.

Step 5 - begin to put options for legislation on ballots, polls for entire nation to partake on and establish. This could be specified for current issues.

AncientWorld

Back to top Go down

Do you want me to continue writing this, or what Empty Re: Do you want me to continue writing this, or what

Post  cmasfca Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:48 am

These are good long term goals to have. As it is continued to be fleshed out, more immediate and short term goals will become apparent. This is a great beginning, keep up the good work!

cmasfca

Back to top Go down

Do you want me to continue writing this, or what Empty Re: Do you want me to continue writing this, or what

Post  masterofunt Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:11 pm

Here's my input, for what it's worth:

1. Stop assuming we will be protesting and setting dates already. You protest if they don't listen to you. We haven't given them the chance yet. Forward wasn't created as a reason to run around in the street being angry. If it comes to that, it comes to that. However, ideally, it will not.

2. As cmasfca said, these are all long term goals. Your "step one" isn't really the first step for us.

3. Voting online sounds great, and a lot easier... However, we just don't have the security online for it, as has been made clear over the past month. Vote data could easily be corrupted or falsified. I'd say hold off on this goal. This also isn't that important a goal to me, anyway. Not everyone has the same internet access that you do. There are plenty of zones in the US where people can't connect.

4. Make sure all of the goals you include have been discussed with the group. We are making decisions by consensus. Don't assume everyone wants the same thing you do.

5. Address your grammar and spelling issues. They are very noticeable, and will put people off. I'm sure the final product will go through a good editing process, but you might want to touch it up a bit yourself.

And that's it. I wouldn't say give up. What I'd recommend is that you come up with some solidified ideas to propose to the rest of us in IRC or on Reddit, and we can put them up for a vote and discussion. Once you get ideas through us, you may continue work on your platform. I'm sure everyone else appreciates your hard work as much as I do.

masterofunt

Back to top Go down

Post  AncientWorld Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:52 pm

Thanks for the reply.

These terms serve as a possible platform or ideology behind what we are trying to accomplish. These goals don't include how to band together. I've seen plenty of posts on reddit that show terms for that that are active, which I assume would be step 1 in the development of the organization. We need a grounded statement that defines what we want to accomplish. With this platform it will allow potential to change all divisions of the government to to wishes of the american people.

>>We are rational and understand what we want- Franklin Roosevelt was great. <<

Because it will be polled and calculated following step 5, which is dated far in the futureā€¦ beyond 5 years. In 2007 a survey of over a 150million people in America showed 73% are internet users. Internet security is a very serious measure, taht I don't know enough about to comment on. These are long term goals, short-term goals will serve them. The scheduled protest, if this document is picked as platform, is set over a year in the future and is subject to change if we succeed in changing to the popular vote before the election, but if not it is the most logical date to protest. I'm not talking about fire and brimstone here.

AncientWorld

Back to top Go down

Post  masterofunt Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Understandable. However, I consider that a low percentage of our population (in reference to your internet statistic), when you consider that many without a connection nearby will want to vote. I agree that a platform is important, but I don't think we should be scheduling protests now, before we even have a clearly outlined list of demands. That just makes us seem like a bunch of rebellious kids trying to make headlines. That's not what I want. I want this to be bigger than that.

masterofunt

Back to top Go down

Post  AncientWorld Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:17 pm

I very much agree. I'm no kid. I am very serious about creating a plan that can easily be put into action, from goals there are objectives and strategies of achieving those objectives. These all need to be defined and have contingency plans as well, to remain flexible. But in no way an I trying "to go kick governments ass" or anything. I believe a slow and powerful movement of ideas. The forward movement should be planning from now to 20 years if we want to be successful. Break those years up in a logical order of progression. From popular vote, to at home vote.

And if you think 73% is a not a large number, it also is the same number of registered voters in 2008. And 73% of registered voters didnt vote. We need everyone voting.

AncientWorld

Back to top Go down

Post  masterofunt Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:32 pm

I understand that the voter numbers are also low. What I'm trying to say is that there is not necessarily a correlation between people who have the internet and people who are registered voters. Therefore, you are still leaving people out.

I'm not calling you a kid anymore than I would call myself one. It's a movement started on the internet though, and the media likes to assume these types of groups are filled with young people. If we are taking rash actions and immediately planning protests in the streets, we just look like a bunch of angsty teens. I don't want that, because that doesn't describe me.

I say wait until it's necessary. Then, it's much more effective. Setting a date, or acknowledging that there needs to be a protest, this early is useless, and might even hurt our cause.

masterofunt

Back to top Go down

Do you want me to continue writing this, or what Empty Friend passed on the reddit

Post  aletheiauncaged Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:58 am

As I said, an enlightened friend of mine passed along the thread and he knows my interest in the revolution our generation's are ready for. You guys seem to be off to a good start, if I may add a couple things. One thing about your introduction wording- "Mission: Through the implementation of this plan, we will succeed in bringing the power to the people in order to create a purely democratic nation that respects the majority over all else." The minority will always still be important, just because the majority of people feels a specific way, doesn't mean the minority is wrong. EVERYONE should have a voice, the whole way through. This needs to be a complete unification of people. We have to reach out to every group, every individual and say "Look, we are the same as you and we are sick and tired of money and big business controlling our well being." A great resource and ideal for determining that outlook could be located here= http://www.uuworld.org/ideas/articles/121440.shtml. I think it would be a great idea to also stress how the youth of this age are growing up with poison everywhere- deadly chemical prescription drugs that the pharmaceutical industry pushes, deadly "food" filled with chemicals that have brought cancer rates to 1 in every 2 males, 1 in 3 females, and even household products like shampoos and soaps and toothpaste now all include chemical fillers that make it cheaper produce and are killing our health. How many people do you know on daily pills? With cancer? With a cardiovascular disease? We need to hit people with stats like these that can't get any worse, incidents that are clearly motivated by desire to increase profits for corporations. These are the very things that are creating this problem, these are the puppet masters of our elected officials because of how deep their pockets run. So we need to shout this information out, spread it everywhere. Then we need to take a step beyond that. This has to be more then just, as the previous post said, attempting to set up protests and tell people there's a problem. We need this to be a massive movement and to do that we need ideals we can embody and display on a daily basis that goes beyond the platform. To make this real, we have to LIVE it every day. This unfortunately is where people are either going to give up and decide its too much work and they'd rather just duck their heads, try to get a job, make enough money to scrape by, go on with their life as normal- or this is where we will start to see change. We need to be the change we want to see and we need to take advantages of the powers we currently have- we have the power of the vote (even if its voting to change the system), we have the power to call and email and write to pressure representatives, we have the power to research and organize relevant information on a website, and most importantly I believe, we have the power of being the consumer- stop taking deadly medications and find natural alternatives that have worked for thousands of years without side affects, start eating natural, organic foods from local farmers that aren't poisoned and start supporting local small business, stop buying things we don't need and falling trap to the lie that buying the latest corporate made item will make you happier. Stop directly supporting the people we're opposing. Make a drastic lifestyle change for the good and have the evidence to back up why when people ask what you're doing. To implement this effectively it would be good to have some kind of pledge to organize how all the members of this movement would act on a daily basis. This can't be a half-assed online project or it won't go anywhere, we have to LIVE and BREATHE and SLEEP and EAT revolution. We are past sitting and waiting and hoping. Its time to really start making a difference and changing OUR future around for the better, because its clear that NOBODY ahead of us is going to do it for us.

aletheiauncaged

Back to top Go down

Post  AncientWorld Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Wonderfully spoken. Every idea you have there would benefit not only the nation, but the human race. I think that if we eventually could take control of the ballots and place items of legislation on them, while informing the public with the facts, they would make the right decision. Legislation that would include problems with big business, over medication, corporate style farming and the reduction of local community. Through polling we can do what the people want, with the correct information and their rational, I feel that they would be able to make easy decisions. Majorities would most likely be land-slides. The information from the minority side shows that there will be less benefits or will create problems, they will fail. Trust the facts, Trust the people to make good decisions.

AncientWorld

Back to top Go down

Do you want me to continue writing this, or what Empty Online voting

Post  NinetiesGuy Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:12 pm

I agree that at some point online voting would be huge, but as of right now (as someone else above said) the security just isn't there. I don't think we want LulzSec or a group like it determining election results.

What I do think would be huge is to have voting receipts. Basically like a store receipt, except that it would be a printout for who/what you voted for. The receipt would also contain a unique identifier. This number should not make the voter identifiable in any way.

If this receipt doesn't match what they wanted/entered for whatever reason (system malfunction, user error, anything), they could go to the poll officers and have it negated. At that point they would cast their corrected votes, and would keep the receipts for both the negated one and the corrected one.

The voter could then enter this identifier on a website and it should display their votes correctly. If not, they will know there was a problem recording their vote. They could also check the negated vote's identifier to ensure that it was not counted.

I think implementing something like this would make the whole process much more transparent. As of now, you just kind of vote and cross your fingers that everything comes out correctly in the end.

NinetiesGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  AncientWorld Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:31 pm

That is a great idea! I had never considered print out receipts for recounts and security. two birds with one stone. And as voters get registered they receive ID numbers and create passwords for there voting accounts. people already registered could receive that information through email or standard mail.

AncientWorld

Back to top Go down

Do you want me to continue writing this, or what Empty http://www.democraciarealya.es/?page_id=814

Post  aletheiauncaged Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:08 am

check this out, this website sparked the current spanish uprising.
look at their manifesto.

http://www.democraciarealya.es/?page_id=814

aletheiauncaged

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum